Monday, September 15, 2014

Why the world needs Doug Lyle

In each of my books you'll find an acknowledgment to Dr. D.P. Lyle.  The last few books I've written I haven't needed his considerable expertise, but I always thank Doug just for being out there being Doug.  He's an essential part of the publishing and entertainment process--which is why we need Doug Lyle.

Over the years, Doug has saved my books from being inaccurate, cheesy, and just plain stupid, and in the process, helped me make them clever and unique, and I'm not the only one.  Doug is the go-to guy for nearly every writer who needs to find a clever way to kill a character, or to keep a character alive for one more critical minute. The LA Times gives us a rare inside look at a fascinating man you maybe haven't heard of, but I promise you've seen his expertise.  Yeah, he's everywhere, and when he writes his own murder mysteries, settle in, because you're not going to want to go anywhere until the last page.



 http://www.latimes.com/local/great-reads/la-me-c1-murder-doctor-20140912-story.html#page=1










No comments:

Post a Comment