Sunday, August 17, 2014

Birthdays and Wisdom..sort of, maybe?

This upcoming week marks my birthday, it's not a milestone birthday, or even a particularly eventful birthday, except for the fact that I share the date with Orville Wright.  As a result, I'm born on what is now recognized as National Aviation Day, August 19th.  I'm pretty sure my aviation exploits didn't tip the scale much, and that Orville pretty much sealed the deal after Kitty Hawk, but hey, what better day?

As with all birthdays, I look back and congratulate myself for not dying, then I try and see if I did much with the year I was given.  This year I get to say yes.  My publisher released Deadly Echoes, my fourth Donovan Nash thriller. I finished Aftershock, DN #5, which will be released next March. (cover art to be revealed soon)  and best of all, I got to spend five weeks with my son in Montana.  We had a great summer, and as he's about to graduate from College, it was probably the last time for that much unbroken father son time together for the foreseeable future.

Another thought that arises on birthdays--is the question of wisdom.  Am I getting smarter?  Is my wisdom increasing with age?  Once again, I get to answer yes to this question, as I now know where it's kept.  I even took a picture as proof I was there.  There weren't a lot of people around, certainly no teenagers, or politicians, lobbyists, no Wall Street types, and certainly no fast food outlets.  My cell phone didn't have a signal, and I got the sense that Fox News and CNN weren't being watched, perhaps Wisdom meant no television at all?  I did see an American flag, and a school, which was expected.  I left town feeling like I'd gained a little bit of wisdom, at least I'd found the source.  Time will tell.  The best part is I can always go back.

 
 
What would I like for my birthday you ask?  I'd love for everyone who has ever read one of my novels to post a review on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Goodreads. Or all of them! It's quick and easy, and trust me, it always puts a smile on my face.  Thanks! 
 
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment