Sunday, July 27, 2014

Yeah, I'm that old....



 


Hello all,
 
 
Those of you who follow my blog know that I'm in a remote part of Montana, working on my latest novel, a ritual that I've grown to love.  Montana is an amazing, wild place, and as far as I know my nearest neighbor is nestled far out of sight, and earshot...as neighbors should be.  The solitude is wonderful as I coax this book into existence. 
 
The other day I needed to go to the nearest post office to pick up a package...this is what I found.  The coolest post office, ever!  I parked close, no lines, free tootsie rolls, and an old manual scale.  Reminded me of how things were a long time ago.
 
On that subject, I made a recent observation that caused me to pause and take a moment to reflect.  When I first thought I might like to write a book, I didn't have a computer.  I had a typewriter, and a pile of reference materials I'd checked out from the library, which I found by using the card catalogue.
 
The moment that brought me up short happened earlier today.  I was working on a detailed scene for the new book, and while I sat in front of my 27" computer monitor, I referenced high-resolution images I'd downloaded to my tablet, while asking my smart phone questions.  Progress?  Probably, but I can't ever remember my typewriter spelling enema while I wasn't looking.
 

 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment